- that we are somehow undermining the validity of teachers, especially Christians who believe they are called into teaching
- that we are hurting local mission by not being ‘witnesses’ at the local school
- that we see our children as ‘too good’ for the state school system
- that we want to isolate our children from the world around them
- that we are making it difficult and awkward for other parents when their children ask questions
Q: Won't they end up being social misfits?
A: We hope so. Yes, social misfits, that's what we long for. May it be that we raise up a generation of social misfits, because to "fit into" this culture, to find your place of comfort in it, is to be accommodated to the empire. we have argued that this is precisely what this subversive little tract called Colossians is arguing against.